Welcome to the BBMRI-LPC Handbook for Biobanking!
Here you can find relevant information (such as articles, presentations, etc.) about creating, managing & running and maintaining & sustaining a biobank. The Handbook is not a perfect guide through the biobanking process, but a collection of useful information around the biobanking issues.
Whether you are only thinking about creating a biobank or have already a fully functional one, we hope this handbook will offer you new thoughts and insights. Welcome to the world of biobanking!
HANDBOOK FOR BIOBANKING
Starting a biobank
- Business model
- Governing structure
- Software/ICT Systems
- Ethical and Legal Issues (ELSI)
Managing and running a biobank
- Quality management
- SOPs (Standardised Operating Procedures)
- Networks (BBMRI, P3G, ISBER)
Maintaining and sustaining a biobank
- PPP (Public-Private Partnerships)
- Training and education
- P3G-toolkit: The Biobank Toolkit provides a one-stop location for access to biobanking tools.
- Biobank learning: Resources that may be useful at different stages of biobank-based research
- Biobank infrastructure: where, when, what level, what price?, Fay Betsou, IBBL, Luxembourg
- Building finnish biobanks and biobank infrastructure, Anu Jalanko, National Institute for Health and Welfare, Finland
- Starting from scratch: Estonian Genome Center, Andres Metspalu, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Starting from scratch: The German National Biobank, Michael Hummel, Charité, Germany
- BBMRI-LPC Forum (presentations)
- BBMRI-LPC Practical Biobanking workshops (presentations)